PostPosted: 09 Jul 2012, 13:48 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[right]Reviewer: Shayam[/right]
Name: Sasha Soundlab
Product: Sample library
Manufacturer: Audioraiders
[color=black]Manufacturer:[/color] [url]http://www.audioraiders.com[/url]

Voor het eerst sinds tijden weer een review, en wat voor een! Enthousiaste producer Shayam onderwerpt Sasha Soundlab van AudioRaiders onder de loep. Een product waaraan niet alleen grote naam Sasha aan mee werkt, maar waar grote USA naam Kazell ook direct bij betrokken is.
Sasha's own Soundlab… how cool is that?

[center][img]http://forum.groovecollection.nl/images/reviews/AR_logo.jpg[/img][/center]
AudioRaiders teamed up with Sasha, to create a third party instrument for the infamous Kontakt player, by Native instruments. This is the first in a series, which is called Soundlab, and what better way then to start it off with the man himself, Sasha? This artist doesn’t need an introduction, if you’re somewhat familiar with the EDM scene. Not only was he responsible for laying the fundament for the scene as we know it today, he still is flourishing as a unique and ever evolving part of it. Reaching the top of the dance scene is one thing, but sustaining a quality factor for over two decades, is a whole different ball game. Sasha stands out. And so does (t)his music production tool. The Airdrawndagger and Involver DJ sets go beyond classic DJ albums. Especially the Involver creations are literally outstanding, in my opinion. These are progressive productions in the true sense of the word. Just in case you haven’t noticed it yet, let me reveal to you that I’m a Sasha fan.

A lot of producers nowadays seem to dream of being a clone of their dance music heroes. For me being an artist and producing dance music is all about expressing and being yourself. Instead of wanting to be or sound like them, isn’t it more fulfilling to be searching for whatever the guys you get inspired by were searching for, when they were creating the vibes we love so much? Producing feels like tapping into a source, getting inspiration and letting the creative juices flow. The guys behind AudioRaiders seem to share this view, as you’ll get a whole lot of inspiration with Sasha Soundlab! Access to the source of the vibe which Sasha spreads into the world, is now granted for your own productions.

Basically you start out with a massive collection of instruments (rhythmic bed loops, percussion loops, morphing loops, melodic loops, drum loops, bass loops and an assorted collection) and four separate drum & glitch multi’s drummachines. This isn’t what you call an ordinary sample library. All the necessary components you need to create a complete music production are available at your disposal. But here’s the thing… you’ll have “Sasha” components, such as kicks, basses, his characteristic dreamy soundscapes and all the designated Involver like glitch effects and stuff for you to use. Imagine a bassline from Shpongle's “Dorset Perception”, from the first Involver Album, which you can fully edit in your own DAW. I actually peed in my pants a little bit, when I first clicked on this preset. Then you’ll stumble upon a track you’ll know from the Airdrawndagger album. It’s quite the tool you’ve got, when you have your favorite Sasha tracks splitted in separated parts, to be used for whatever purpose you like.

[center][img]http://forum.groovecollection.nl/images/reviews/AR_screen.jpg[/img][/center]

Usually a loop in a plugin really sounds like a loop. Especially when you spend a lot of time in front of your DAW, you can quickly recognize a loop from a plugin. This is not the case in this lab. Even listening to one loop, you just have to close your eyes and you’ll find yourself in the midst of a great Sasha party. When you want to make this loop your own, that’s when the producing tools come into play. There’s basically an effects button, which contains beatmash, triplet and glitch tools. And there’s a filter button, which contains tone, frequency and resonance tools. These effects are top notch, and don’t make you lose interest anytime soon. With a separate “tune” knob, you can alter your sounds in an extreme manner, making the loop completely unrecognizable from its original sound.

High quality analogue studio equipment such as the Eventide and Avalon are designated setup elements for a Sasha production. The effect these dream machines have on sounds in a track, is nothing more than spectacular. However, these expensive devices are usually out of reach, for producers who can’t afford driving a Ferrari. I happen to be one of those producers. With this special Soundlab, you can gear up to drive away into the producers heaven sound- and sunset. Ferrari sounds it is, with this monster of a producing tool.

When writing a review, I always care for a critical note. In this case there simply aren’t any. In producing gear, this is the best buy for 99 dollars you get. This plugin will be a part of my personal setup for a very, very long time. There’s really just one conclusion. Sasha's very own Soundlab… how cool is that!

Facts:
  • Sounds created by Sasha himself! More than 4000 sounds that is.

• 100 customizable loops and grooves, 69 drum and percussion kits, 20 pad and lead synths.

• Fully compatible with Ableton, Cubase, Logic, ProTools and other applications.

• Available as standalone, Kontakt player instrument, and VST, AU, RTAS plugins.

• Designed for dance music producers, generic composers and DJ’s.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2012, 14:26 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

Awesomeness!

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2012, 14:58 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

Hoort deze niet thuis in de "English section"?
Kom op Jer, ff vertalen ajb. :)

[color=#00FF00]Go into the world and do well. But more importantly: go into the world and do good.[/color]

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2012, 15:58 
Site Admin
Site Admin

de vertaler is met vakantie :D

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2012, 18:16 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

:lol

[color=#00FF00]Go into the world and do well. But more importantly: go into the world and do good.[/color]

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2012, 09:24 

[quote="Paulus de Kalebouter"]Hoort deze niet thuis in de "English section"?
Kom op Jer, ff vertalen ajb. :)

Paulus the Kalebouter, not so international man of Party?

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2012, 00:08 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

Ja jah, aber mehr Deutsch denn. :)