It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:59

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2006, 22:00 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

[quote="Jennifer Horne"] I recorded two tracks with Terry Grant and helped drop a lukewarm bomb to bedrock called "I'll Kill yOU"

Does your using of the word "lukewarm" mean that you weren't entirely satisfied with I'll Kill You?  :)
As far as I'm concerned, I'll Kill You was one of my favourite tracks of 2005! All mixes had their own particular charm, and that's mainly because of your fantastic vocals  ;)

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2006, 23:41 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

[quote="Jasper"][quote="Jennifer Horne"] I recorded two tracks with Terry Grant and helped
As far as I'm concerned, I'll Kill You was one of my favourite tracks of 2005! All mixes had their own particular charm, and that's mainly because of your fantastic vocals  ;)

So much feeling in it yes! (Y)

Post subject: aha..
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2006, 07:50 
just started
just started

lukewarm...meaning maybe the bomb really didn't drop at bedrock
you are only as good and developed as the last great inspiration or recent mutation you've had in the studio.
i am a harsh critic..
when i recorded those songs
i needed an answer
my answer was the spark created that i needed to see to believe
after a little buzz of faith started
i began to see my purpose more clearly
now thanks to the rsponse that was recieved
i am able to delve into my music 24/7 which has really cultivated  and helped my taste  for the music that i make or let my ears hear
building blocks of creation
have been reformulated since i spent 2 hours  in the studio w/ terry grant  2 years ago

necessary lessons are learned climbing to higher points of view that are deeper..when we learn to look past just ourselves..the message gets so much clearer on the way up

jennifer horne

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2006, 13:08 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

Welcome here Jennifer :D

[quote="Tijs"]Hello there J!
Nice to see you posting here! Can't wait to hear the album, must be a unique combination, 16 bits, with your voice  :8o  (Y)

Indeed! Can't wait to hear the new stuff :cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Feb 2006, 13:58 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

[quote]necessary lessons are learned climbing to higher points of view that are deeper..when we learn to look past just ourselves..the message gets so much clearer on the way up

now these are some wise words.. 23 huh?  :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2006, 21:15 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

Hello everyone (Y)

I'm Trevor from Norwich, England and I had the pleasure of meeting some of the members of the Groove Collection forum on my visit to Rotterdam for the FFWD Dance Parade last August :cool

I've been DJing as a hobby for around 10 years now but the strange thing is that i've probably played just as many times in Holland as I have in England :p  My connection to the board is through my good friend DJS1 who I first met about 4 years ago when we played together at an Earth pre-party in Amsterdam. We both played a FFWD afterparty the following night and i've been back over quite a few times since to DJ and generally just get a bit messy ;)

DJS1 is coming over for a flying visit next month and we are going to see Arsenal V Charlton :hat We were planning on hitting Fabric but his flight is very early on the sunday morning so we'll probably have to give it a miss (N)

I've been into clubbing for nearly 15 years now but with a baby on the way i'm having to limit my nocturnal activities. I started off with the old Dreamscape, World Dance and Helter Skelter raves before moving onto House music. I've been to quite a few clubs around the UK such as Renaissance, Ministry of Sound and Turnmills as well as festivals like Homelands and the Gatecrasher Summer Soundsystem. On visits to Holland i've been to Earth at the melkweg, the Paradiso and winkel van sinkel in Utrecht which were all great :D

Thanks for the invite Jerry, i'll be checking the board out on a more frequent basis from now on!

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2006, 23:58 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

[quote="Jennifer Horne"] i need to begin actively co-existing w/the outside world soon....this is part of the plan

soo.. why dont you join us at a party then :cool like Luke Fair @ Escape venue 20-4? Partyhardy and I are going for shure, dont know how many will tag allong but they will :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2006, 00:20 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

Really cool! :cool If you have a new gig here in Holland be sure to let us know (Y)

Post subject: Re: aha..
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2006, 11:23 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

[quote="Jennifer Horne"]necessary lessons are learned climbing to higher points of view that are deeper..when we learn to look past just ourselves..the message gets so much clearer on the way up

nice one  :cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Feb 2006, 01:36 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

That depends on whether DJS1 invites me back for this years FFWD Dance Parade afterparty :hat

I've got my sites set on Dance Valley this year as I won free tickets for last years weekender but was on holiday so had to give it a miss (N)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2006, 02:39 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

Hello to everyone!

My name is Jenn and I am currently living in Canada.  I figured after months of browsing the forum and with a little push that I would finally get myself registered.   :p

I will try to participate as much as possible in the dutch forums instead of sticking with just the english forum as well.

Anyhow, for the few that I do know on this board... I am finally here and for the rest of you maybe our paths will cross someday soon!

Cheers
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2006, 02:45 
Site Admin
Site Admin

welcome Jenn :cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2006, 11:08 

Hey crazy little party girl :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2006, 12:29 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

[quote="DJ Gannon"]Hello everyone (Y)

I'm Trevor from Norwich, England and I had the pleasure of meeting some of the members of the Groove Collection forum on my visit to Rotterdam for the FFWD Dance Parade last August :cool

I've been DJing as a hobby for around 10 years now but the strange thing is that i've probably played just as many times in Holland as I have in England :p  My connection to the board is through my good friend DJS1 who I first met about 4 years ago when we played together at an Earth pre-party in Amsterdam. We both played a FFWD afterparty the following night and i've been back over quite a few times since to DJ and generally just get a bit messy ;)

DJS1 is coming over for a flying visit next month and we are going to see Arsenal V Charlton :hat We were planning on hitting Fabric but his flight is very early on the sunday morning so we'll probably have to give it a miss (N)

I've been into clubbing for nearly 15 years now but with a baby on the way i'm having to limit my nocturnal activities. I started off with the old Dreamscape, World Dance and Helter Skelter raves before moving onto House music. I've been to quite a few clubs around the UK such as Renaissance, Ministry of Sound and Turnmills as well as festivals like Homelands and the Gatecrasher Summer Soundsystem. On visits to Holland i've been to Earth at the melkweg, the Paradiso and winkel van sinkel in Utrecht which were all great :D

Thanks for the invite Jerry, i'll be checking the board out on a more frequent basis from now on!

And I can say that Gannon has become a real good friend of mine. :)

Looking forward to next week! :)
Party instead of Fabric should be kicking as well, so no bother ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2006, 12:30 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

[quote="DJ Gannon"]That depends on whether DJS1 invites me back for this years FFWD Dance Parade afterparty :hat

And that depends on how much time you can free up, with the baby and all. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2006, 07:13 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

[quote="emre"]Hey crazy little party girl :)

haha.. yes the crazy party girl is finally here :p
The dutch comes next I guess.. It really is a lot harder than I thought it would be even though I read it daily  :o

The translation sites are getting a lot of use from me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2006, 15:35 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

It is a good way to learn dutch i think...

[quote]haha.. yes the crazy party girl is finally here  
The dutch comes next I guess.. It really is a lot harder than I thought it would be even though I read it daily  

Translation in dutch:

haha.. ja het gekke feest meisje is eindelijk hier.
Nederlands komt later denk ik... het is echt moeilijker dan ik dacht ookal lees ik dagelijks.

De vertaal sites (pagina's) worden veel door mij gebruikt!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2006, 19:33 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

[quote="lapunked"]It is a good way to learn dutch i think...

[quote]haha.. yes the crazy party girl is finally here  
The dutch comes next I guess.. It really is a lot harder than I thought it would be even though I read it daily  

Translation in dutch:

haha.. ja het gekke feest meisje is eindelijk hier.
Nederlands komt later denk ik... het is echt moeilijker dan ik dacht ookal lees ik dagelijks.

De vertaal sites (pagina's) worden veel door mij gebruikt!!

Every little bit will help me along the way...

Thanks  :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2006, 14:10 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

Hi Jenn! cool to see you here (Y) good luck with your dutch :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2006, 12:56 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[color=yellow]*dutch replies removed[/color]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next