It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 09:48

All times are UTC+01:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2012, 15:14 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Amsterdam's Panama club's the number one spot tonight if you're looking for a Class A house mania. The famed club - one of the cities oldest and most loved, actually- re-opened recently after having been closed for a few months, and for tonight they've invited none other than legendary DJ/entertainer extraordinaire Danny Howells... how's that for a grand re-opening?

Danny will be playing alongside seasoned DJs Jerry van Schie and Paul Sparkes in the main area, so you can expect things to get real hot and sweaty in here. Panama's Studio will be the domain of Santito, whose birthday bash sees both old as new faces taking place behind the decks. Welcome back Panama, oh how we've missed you...

So Danny, what have you been up to gig wise recently?
The last few weeks have been quite chilled .. did Stockholm last week which was killer, the week before I did the ADE party at Home which I thought was incredible, and a small club called Joshua Brookes in Manchester. Before that I had a killer two week tour of Asia which I really loved.

You were in Amsterdam recently for ADE, what do you like about this city in particular?
Well, Amsterdam is the city where I did my first ever international gigs, back in the mid-late 90s, so I've always held a special place for it. I've probably done more gigs in the Netherlands than probably any other European country. I love the city itself, I love the people, the general vibe there. Always one of my absolute favourites.

You've played some incredible sets at Panama over the years. Wondering your thoughts on returning , as the club is now reopened again and even had Tenaglia playing last month?
I'm really looking forward to it. I had some killer nights there. It's been too long.

Do you have any new studio projects that you can share with us please ?
Nothing that I've done. I'm having a massive break from producing as whenever I start anything I end up deleting it the next day. But the next Dig Deeper release if finally ready for release, after so many hold ups. It a killer four track ep from Eddie Niguel which has seen some amazing reactions from djs all over.

Where to next after Amsterdam for you, Danny?
I've got a weekend off then it's off to North America for two weeks. Got 6 or 7 gigs all over, including Canada and my first trip to Hawaii. I'll be celebrating my birthday there too so should be a good one!

And finally, can you share any amusing experiences with our readers pls, of anything in the clubs or on the road ?
No, I'm saving them all for my book dear!

What? PANAMA presents DANNY HOWELLS
When: Saturday, november 3rd
Where: Panama, Oostelijke handelskade 4, 1019 BM Amsterdam

Lineup:

Main:
Danny Howells (UK)
Jerry van Schie (NL) B2B Paul Sparkes (UK)
Mc Marxman (UK)

Studio: Santito's Bday bash
Santito
DJ Jose
DJ Marcello
Dennis Christopher
Analog Effect
Vandy
Maurits D'Fault
Ronald Stecini
Brian S.

source: http://www.beatsandbeyond.com/news/arti ... wells.html

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2