It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:27

All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: dance valley questions
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2006, 13:36 
just started
just started

hi i am from scotland and we are attending dance valley this year and could not get a lot of info from website--- few enquiry...
How far is the site to amsterdam?- how much is it by Trian?- is it a nightmare to get there when 60,000 people go at once?
were camping so dont know their rules of getting alcohol and food in...

and any more useful hints would be much appreciated,, thanks

ed

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2006, 13:45 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi mate, welcome on the forums :cool

if you are camping, you arrive on friday, so there will be no 60.000 people.
Maximum is 15.000 on the friday. Saturday is the busiest day.

Normally there is free transportation from Amsterdam Sloterdijk (trainstation) to the venue.

Maybe some other members can tell you how far it is from Amsterdam by bus.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2006, 14:00 

You'll have to get from Amsterdam Central to Amsterdam Sloterdijk which would take you about 10 mins max by train. From there I reckon its about 30/45 minutes to and from by bus .... normally there's a decent amount of busses so the wait isn't impossible.

I don't think you're allowed to bring either food or drinks but there will be plenty of food stalls and bars to get you fed and drunk.

When the weather is as unpredictable as last year, make sure to bring enough clothes/shoes and don't forget the stuff that is required when it's raining ;) Last year the weather was pretty bad which made the atmosphere @ the campingsite really good funnily enough.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2006, 07:56 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

speaking as the out of country person who attended last year and the year prior but with last year being a mudshow.. make sure you bring a couple jackets (mine was soaked standing in line to get in last year which left me having to buy a new jacket), bring running shoes that you don't care about them ever being the same again (not white either), also bring a sweater (which I forgot as well) and lots of dry socks.. lol. :) (this is if it rains of course)

I am not much of a camper though so for me it wasn't always very pleasant. Ask Phor how much of a happy camper I was standing in the rain, waiting to get in and soaked from head to toe. I was ready to go home at that time. Once you get in though and get to a tent with some good tunes you will be set to go (if it does rain). And as far as drinks, we were allowed 3L of water last year, but nothing alcoholic and for food, well that was the last thing on my mind so I don't quite remember. Although I think Jasper and I got in some cinnamon buns or something like that.

And last but not least.. make sure you check the weather before going cuz you never know if you may have a surprise for the Saturday and you will want to be prepared. You will be in Holland afterall, so you will want to be prepared just "in case" :p

Have I missed any key items guys??

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2006, 09:34 

[quote="magikb"]Have I missed any key items guys??

The excellent filet-american sandwiches they sell @ the campingsite :cool

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2006, 09:37 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

with not having much of an appetite to begin with, I don't think this would have been my first choice of food if you hadn't been with me :p

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2006, 13:43 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

I can remember Dance Valley two years ago where I also got myself a filet americain sandwich. Of course I should have known that such food is not exactly ideal when you're high, but hey, I had to know better :p

I just couldn't eat it. Threw away a 4 euro sandwich, after having had only one bite...lol :D

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2006, 01:16 
GrooveCollector
GrooveCollector

lmao.. lesson learned (for a couple of us) :p